From:
April Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 16:33:48 -0500
>now then if the stove pellets state due not use for animals I'm darn
>sure not going to endanger my little ones but i will use the one that
>says it is safe for animals....

I don't want to argue w/anyone, but would like to point out that there
are many different brands of stove pellets, and the ones I use do not
have any harmful chemicals in them and are perfectly safe for my ferrets.
If the ones you use state "do not use for animals", they may not be the
same ones I use; please don't berate those of us that use pellets that
say "stove pellets" on them as not being good pet owners; again, my brand
may not be the same as your brand, and I have five ridiculously healthy
(other than Shannon's possible adrenal mass) ferrets who pee and poop on
"stove pellets", and I spend a good deal of time, effort and money caring
VERY well for them and other needy animals and doing my homework/research
and going out of my way to treat them safely.  All of my animals have pet
insurance, too, so I obviously care about their welfare (I didn't even
have insurance for two years and they did!) I think any animal to end up
in my house is pretty lucky and spoiled, even my husband! ;)

Be kind to everyone and be careful of generalizations!

-April

"There's nary an animal alive that can outrun a greased Scotsman."
-Groundskeeper Willy, "The Simpsons"