From:
Ann Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Dec 1997 11:53:13 -0500
If one is feeding ferrets who are under the weather, duck soup, HOW MUCH?

Depending on the ferret, I can get anywhere from 15 to 25 CCs into each
before they look full, or act like they really don't want more.
Currently we are souping three times a day.  The gang is hitting the
water bottles, but not eating dry crunchies with their usual dedication.

No one is really seriously ill, its just a cold, but the soup gives me the
opportunity to fill them full of various vitamins, minerals and herbs and TF
in a liquid form.  I think they like it too!  Even if, when dried, it could
be an expoxy substitute.  Sluggo, the well one, begs for soup now!

Oh, and the soup is pretty dense - 1 can of vanilla ensure to 2 cups totally
ferret with about a cup of chicken broth and a little bit of water.  Also
added are 4 capsules of flax seed oil, 1/4 tsp powdered vitamin c, 4 tbls of
brewers yeast and 2 ground tablets of immune system boosters.  Yum Yum.

Ann