From:
Sharon McLaughlin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 11:26:47 EST
I have already posted this on the ferrets newsgroup but I figured i'd post
it here too.  Sorry for all of you who have read this twice, but It really
disturbed me and I cant stop thinking about it.

This weekend I was going around to different pet stores to try to find
Yesterdays news cat litter for my ferrets litter box.  I went into PETLAND
DISCOUNTS on route 440 In Jersey City.  I saw 4 ferrets in a ferret condo
(that was good) With the most filthy dirty hammock I ever saw hanging in the
cage.  The bottom of the cage was soaking wet with Poop everywhere.  They
ferrets were laying in it.  The food was dumped out of the bowls and it was
like one big moud slide with poop and food all mixed.  I didnt see a bowl
with fresh food in it.  It looked like the cage hasnt been cleaned in a
month.  The store is grungy and smells really bad.  I saw those ferrets and
I started to cry.  I yelled at the manager and he told me that the cage gets
hosed down everyday.  I know that is not true!  I cant put inot words what
that cage looked like.  But it was bad enough to make me cry.  What can I
do?  I cant afford to pay $125.00 for all the babies in the cage.  Its soo
sad.  I was yelling at the manager telling hi to clean that cage and that
those poor ferrets are going to die of some disease and that they should be
ashamed of that cage and the store itself.  Is there a place I can report
this to?  Does anyone know?

As Always..

Sharon, Woobie & Princess
The cutest ferrets in the world. http://members.aol.com/raysgirl00/index.html