From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 12:46:17 -0400
>From:    Penny LePage <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Taz keeps throwing up,WHY?
>My question is about Taz.  I have found of late that while he is eating or
>shortly after finishing, Taz brings up his food.  He gags and just keeps
>throwing up till what he has just eaten is all up.  He is fine after, like
>nothing has happened but we just can't figure out if he is eating to fast
>or to much and or what.  Any thoughts would be apprecated.

Sounds pretty serious.  Possible blockage?  And even though it's not
common, how about megaesophagus.  I've heard of this in a few ferrets.
It's a condition where the esophagus becomes distended and looses its
ability to move the food down to the stomach.  The food sits there in the
esophagus and ends up being vomited back up.  That's a layman's version of
the problem.

Of course Taz should be going to the vet and hopefully it's nothing that
serious.

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael F. Janke, [log in to unmask]
* Secretary, South Florida Ferret Club & Rescue
* A 501(c)3 not-for-profit corporation
*
* Shelter web site:  http://www.miamiferret.org
* Adrenal/Insulinoma web site: http://www.miamiferret.org/FHC