Date:
Fri, 4 Jun 1999 09:54:22 -0400
>Most ferrets I've known are much too smart to believe in things like this.
>Most ferret owners I've met would prefer to donate money without some kind
>of superstition as pretext.

Speaking strictly for myself: I thought the tarot-as-fundraiser idea was a
clever one, and I hope it makes a ton of money for the shelter.  I don't
know if I really "believe" in tarot results, but I think it was wonderful
for one of the shelter volunteers (Mary, I believe) to volunteer her time
and services to hopefully make money for the shelter.

The fact that it was tarot cards seems irrelevant to me.  People have
different hobbies and interests and as long as they aren't harmful to
others, I think it's wonderful if they are generous enough to share them
to help others.  I'm sure if someone really felt "uncomfortable" with the
tarot idea but wanted to help that the shelter would graciously accept the
donation without a reading.  The main purpose is to help homeless animals,
after all.  Well, that's my "reading" on it, anyway. ;->

- Ela