From:
Greeter 421 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2012 23:18:27 -0500
Oliver and No. 421 had just settled down for a nap where there was
a flutter of wings at the windowpane. Bluebird was trying to get
someone's attention.

"Open the door," she chirped. "I has some very important news for you.
Listen up, fellers, you remember Sam what crossed a while ago and was
just reunited with Lil'Bit and Jack? Well, another housemate, Socks,
has arrived and is sitting with the Receiving Angel as I chirp. Here
is her ticket -- you and No. 421 had better get up to the Bridge."

And with that said, she turned on her dewclaw and flew away.

Oliver just stood there watching Bluebird fly away. "Has she become
bossier, or is it me," he said? "I was just at Jack's mound the other
day. He has done a wonderful job, and he and Sam were putting the
finishing touches on a room next to Lil'Bits incase another one of
the family passed."

"Well, pull on your boots and go tell Jack, Sam, and Lil'Bit Socks is
at the Bridge," No. 421 said. "Meanwhile, I'll go up and sit with her
until you get back."

No. 421 had just began to get comfortable in his chair when there was
a swoosh of wings and The Receiving Angel arrived holding a beautiful
little ferret girl in his arms.

"Hello No. 421," the angel said. "I thought I would bring this one to
you myself. She is so small; I thought she might get lost. Skye is
minding the desk so I took a break."

Socks was holding tight to the Angel's robe and she did not want to let
go. She liked this nice man with the soft voice, and his beard was just
right to snuggle in. It reminded her of the times she snuggled with her
Mom Nancy.

The angel put Socks down and taking her by the paw, they walked over to
No. 421.

"Now Socks," the angel said. "This is Bridge Greeter No. 421. He will
help you find family and you will be happy with them." With that said,
the angel spread his wings and flew off.

Socks just stood and looked at No. 421. He sure was a big ferret. She
was just about to ask him where she really was when she heard voices.
Her eyes lit up and she began to "dook". One of the voices sounded like
her friend Sam. It was Sam.

"Sam, Sam she cried. "Oh Sammy, I'd know your sweet voice anywhere.
When you left me, I was so sad, now we will be together again."

"Hi Socks, remember me," Jack said? "I've been here for a while and
have been busy building a house big enough for everyone. When Sam
arrived the other day, we finished a room next to Lil'Bit. She is
cooking supper and will be so happy to see you."

Socks began to smile. She liked Lil'Bit and if Lil'Bit was keeping
house for Jack and Sam -- she would help.

"Well," Socks said. "Let's not stand here all day, let's get home so I
can get settled in." "Oh oh, I can see she did not leave her "bossies"
behind," Sam said.

Shooting Star had been standing in the background and watching the cute
little ferret girl. As she walked by, Star asked if she would like to
send a message home?"

Socks looked up at the pretty lady and smiled. "Yes I would," she said.
"Please tell my Mom I have arrived and will be living with Sam, Jack,
and Lil'Bit. That way, it will be easier for her to find us. I'll see
to it that Jack builds enough rooms for all the family. That way, we
will all be together when you come for us, Mom. I love you Mom, and
Thanks for taking care of me all those years. Love ya." "Just sign it
Socks -- she'll know who I am. And thank you Pretty Lady".

With that, Socks took Sam's paw and the two friends went to the house
that Jack had built for them.

No. 421 and Oliver stood watching the happy ferrets walk down the path.
"She sure is a cutie," Oliver said. "I'll just drop by in a day or so
and see how she is doing."

No. 421 smiled to himself, glad he had a good courier like Oliver.

Back at the cabin, No. 421 took down his logbook and wrote, Mission
Accomplished, Socks is living with family and will help Lil'Bit in the
kitchen while Sam helps Jack add more rooms. It is Jack's dream to have
a home for the entire family.

No. 421 put the logbook back on the shelf, blew out the candle and
crawled into bed as the moon slipped behind the clouds.