From:
Katherine Kuckens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 1997 15:05:59 -0400
I called the White House number given for public inquiry -- 202-456-1111.  I
skipped the "leave a recorded message" part by selecting " 0 " and spoke to
a very nice operator.  Again, I stress that we must appear calm, polite, and
rational.  I asked if I could give her factual information about the Kodo
case, as I am concerned that there is a lot of misinformation out there.  I
also said I was concerned that Michigan officials were not playing fair with
the facts.  She carefully wrote down what I could tell her about the lack of
bat-rabies testing in ferrets, but how there is also no bat-testing
completed for dogs and cats but they are not euthanized.  Also that Kodo has
been in custody more than 30 days, etc.  Anyway she took me seriously and
admitted that there have been some calls.  SOME calls?  Let's have hundreds
and hundred of calls!  CALL NOW!  Be calm and pleasant, STATE FACTS and ask
for the president's help!

Kat