From:
"Montgomery, Vicki E" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Oct 2005 14:11:18 -0500
Tree roots in pipes, very common..  yep very expensive... Although this
will not fix the problem you need to pour a box of rock salt down that
drain to retard the growth of and possibly cause some retreat of those
roots.  You will eventually still have to replace the broken pipes but
the roots will not like the salt you provide.

Changing vets?  I can't say what someone else should do but I can say
that when I encountered the same situation of rude and indifferent
medical office staff at a new doctor's office I informed the doctor that
I would not tolerate rudeness (although I had on several visits) even
though I thought she was one of the better physicians I'd had, and I
informed the office manager that she and her staff were rude and that
I would send for my medical files, as I was changing doctors.

If I were in the position of liking my vet but abhoring his staff I would
tell him of the problem and ask him if there was a chance (if we were
friends a snowball's chance in Hell) of him changing practices.  I see
nothing wrong with you saying that you feel he is much too caring and
compassionate to work in that environment and you would like to continue
using him but that you simply can no longer support a business so
calloused.  If he takes issue with what you say then maybe he's not who
you think he is, but your stand will show your ethics.

Boy Big I said nothing more for at least a month and I've just been
chatty chatty chatty..  But really I'll disappear into cyberspace
again soon.

Vicki
Vicki Montgomery
Tricks and Treats Rescue