From:
"C.J. McKinney" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 May 1997 11:14:21 -0400
Hi,
We got our new babies on April 24.  We've all been adjusting since then.
The kids forgot there were extra chores that come with the pets.  *grin* The
kits were 7 1/2 weeks old and had already been spayed and descented (from
what I can tell, the surgery was well healed and must have been done two to
three weeks before).  And they've had one distemper shot.  We've named them
Sasha (who is very dainty and finicky) and Trixie (who is bolder, more
aggressive and will try a few trix).  At least, when we named them, that's
the way they were.  Sasha has been winning the wrestling matches lately.

I also suspect Trixie might be nearsighted. In training them to come when
called, they get their treat... I'll hold out a pounce... and Trixie will
grab at it... and usually nab a fingertip.  They are learning very rapidly.
They already know not to bite and to come when I squeak their little panda
toy.  Toes are still a different matter and the litter training...
wellllllll... we're working on it.  *grin*

Yesterday, my Mom came to see her 'grandkits' as she calls them.  They were
up to their usual antics and such.  They have their favorite corners to try
to shred the carpeting to pieces in and all.  Yesterday I noticed they were
especially busy digging so I went over to check... and found them both
munching something (within about 3 minutes of each other).  So I grabbed em
and gave one to the kids, one to mom and had the other kid get a flashlight.
We found they had been digging 'under' the carpet... (that particular corner
is where the front door is) and had dug up some insect corpses.  Spiders,
potato bugs, a centipede.... These corpses are either fresh, or up to 5
months old as that's when the new carpeting was put down.  The doorway is
also where I put an *extra* coat of flea spray about 10 days before we got
the babies.  I've already shot a mail off to someone asking if I should
panic or not and received a reply.  (Thanks Juliana) I've got some Releve
Hairball Remedy for cats, kittens and rabbits that I'll be giving them today
and we are all watching them closely.

I've also gotten the names of a couple of vets in the area and I will
probably be heading out to Alpharetta (hopefully in a couple weeks for more
shots and a checkup and not today or tomorrow for poisoned ferrets) since I
know that area better than I do Cumberland.  :)

Anyway, sorry for such a long rambling letter, but this is a thanks to
everyone who posts here. My kids read the digest as much as I do. More
actually since I haven't had time to read this past week and are learning
quite a bit. :)

Caryn