From:
jim & diane gobetz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 1997 00:05:26 -0400
Hello, everyone.  I am Celia Varga's friend with the undiagnosed sick ferret
(June 22 FML).  Unfortunately her posting made it to FML too late.  Earl
passed on to the Rainbow Bridge Saturday night, 6/21 at 11:00 p.m.  I was on
the Ferret Chat on AOL desperately trying to find some help with Earl when
he died.  He was in his daddy's arms and knew he was loved.  This was my
first sick ferret, and I didn't realize just how much it hurts to lose one
of my babies.  I think I really shook up the ferret chat room, and for that
I apologize.  I was in a desperate situation, and don't take things into
consideration when I've had no sleep for a week and my baby was going
downhill fast.  I want to thank everyone from FML, the Ferretstore message
boards, and AOL Ferret Chat for being so supportive in my time of need.  I
received many letters, poems, etc.  I think I'll stick with this Ferret
family on the internet.  They make me feel so warm and fuzzy.

Now, I hope that you all don't find this shameful, but I needed to fill that
void in my little ferret business.  I just got a 7 week old marked white.
His name is Breezely Bruin (some of you may know who he is from the
cartoons).  Nothing makes you feel better than a brand new baby ferret.  He
is all white with a black stripe down his back and a black tail.  He is a
Path Valley Ferret.  My others are and were Marshall's Ferrets.

I have a question for you FMLers.  How can you tell if a ferret is deaf?  I
have heard that white headed ferrets are prone to deafness, but I can't
figure out how to tell with such a distracted little fuzzbean.

If you want to read about my love for Earl, I have posted his epitaph to
Rainbow Bridge.  It has given me a sense of closure, as have your letters.
Kisses to all your fuzzbeans tonight.  Thank you again.

Sincerely, Dee, Jim, Mooch, 'Spresso & introducing......(drum roll, please)
Breezely Bruin! dook, dook!
In memory of Earl - 8/96 - 6/21/97 (moment of silence, please).