From:
Laura Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 22:29:04 EDT
>All who placed an order for sale food need and haven't received their
>order: The fine print says any orders not shipped out by the end of the
>sale will be full price.  I placed my order 10 days ago.  It has not been
>shipped, yet.  I have contacted the co.  I suggest any others experiencing
>a problem do this also.  Especially if you used a credit card to pay for
>your order.

I placed an order ten days ago myself and I had already called to see what
the holdup was.  The operator told me that it was on backorder but nothing
else.  When I saw Carla's post today I called and canceled my order
outright.  Pets.com made no effort to tell me of this "backorder"....I had
to go chase down the info myself.  At least they were polite about
canceling the order.  But there's more.....

My wonderful fiance (who lives in Ca-Ca land) had also placed an order as
an anniversary gift (what a guy :-)) and I encouraged him to cancel his
order.  Unlike me, he's not afraid to speak up and asked the operator what
the deal was with charging the full price and with the backorder.  The
operator said that the deal with charging full price is untrue.  (IMHO, I
believe Carla over them.)  But at this stage, it's a moot point considering
the explanation for the backorder.  I had my fiance write everything out as
close to verbatim as he could so I could post it for you all.  (and I did
have his permission to reprint this):

"Basically the supplier (TF) could no longer supply Pets.com with the
product they were selling and in the sizes available on the website, and as
such pulled their supply line altogether.  Pets.com subsequently pulled the
product listing from their website and are only selling what they have
left, only about 12 bags of the smallest size."

I have a hard time believing this is a supply issue, but then again, it was
a very good price.  Nonetheless, I do feel slightly taken (mostly by my own
frugality ;-)).  Like I said, at least they were good about canceling the
order.

Just thought it would be of interest,

Laura Ellis