Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 17:24:32 -0700
Hi, all.

Well I have good Junior Greeter news, and I don't quite know what to
think Junior Greeter news!

I'll start with SaraFerret.  I finally got a real message from her.  It
turns out that she has started her own little colony in the Far North
with herself, Hermionie, and Isabel, who was thrown from a car by
unspeakable hoomins, but is now having a good life and healing
spiritually.  The three of them are living in a large igloo that they
constructed with NINE tiny kits that crossed the Bridge right before
SaraFerret left.

Why the Far North?  SaraFerret believes a story (is ist true?) that
the ermine have the richest, highest fat milk that there is in the
Afterworld, and she wants the best for her kits.  Don't ask me how, but
she has convinced a number of ermine ladies to come to the igloo every
day from their regular trot across the tundra and nurse the kits!

Who'd a thunk it?  SaraFerret is a mommy!

Now, there is her young replacement Muldoone.  I didn't recognize him
until he reported to work yesterday.  I remember Muldoone, oh, yes.  He
is the one who buried my service wings under Dirt Mountain, if I am not
mistaken.  Hmmmm.  Yess....I remember Muldoone.

Back to work.

I met a little guy named Oscar coming across the Bridge the other day.
His Brother in Fur Felix, his cagemate in the World of the Living, was
with me to Greet him.

Well, Oscar and Felix boinged and bounced off of one another, their tails
bottle-brushed, there was happy hissing, and there was even some very
fine war-dancing, indeed!  It was an excellent display Greeting!

I gave Oscar his wings and a hammie, and Felix helped me get him
oriented.  There was kind of a rush on, because Felix wanted so to show
Oscar the home that he had chosen for the two of them.  (There was never
any question but that the two would live together!)

Well, we slipped into our wings and lifted off into the sky one by one.
Oscar mastered the fundamentals of flight verfy easily!  We flew over
fields of long grass and wild flowers, until we came to one particular
field.  I could see something shiny winking in the sun on the ground
beneath us far, far below.  Felix yelled that this was our goal.  We
wheeled around, and landed next to it one by one.

When I landed I could see what it was.  Not it, THEY.  It was a
collection of fine 1960's hubcaps from American production cars.
Mustangs, Novas, even a Corvair!  They formed the roof of a little
dwelling.  They did not lie flush on the ground, but were held up in the
air by sticks and rocks that Felix had piled up.  Below that shiny metal
roof were a few dry-grass lined chambers.  What an unusual home!  Felix
said that yes, it was a little loud when it rained, but that he loved it
all the same.  For Oscar, it was love at first sight!

Felix gave us a tour, and of course we were tired after all of that
flying.  Felix, being an excellent host, thoughtfully broke out rasins
for everybody that he was storing in a dry, pebble lined pit off of the
smaller of the two grass-lined chambers.  Indulgence, of course, lead
to...nap.  Blissfull, boneless nap.  We made a ferret pile underneath the
Corvair hubcap, and the afternoon just flew by, but we will have others,
here, many others!

And soon, Oscar and Felix will show their dwelling to the rest of their
Mommy and Daddy's Business of Ben and Jerry, who thoughtfully stayed away
today so that Oscar and Felix could have this special reunion.  Someday,
a long time from now, they hope to show their Mommy Kelly, and Daddy
Jeff, too!

A little guy named Boo-Boo came across the Bridge the othter day.  And
oh, his Business!  Here is the complete Guest List for his Greeting.
Frito, Nipper, Lightning, EZ, Cleo, Lady, Pepper, Caesar, Bilbo, Frodo,
Topanga, Ragine, Tasha, Sabrina, Sassy Britches, Frosty Pants,and Phantom
II!

Well, he was feeling WONDERFUL!  Because pretty much everything that
could be wrong with a ferret had been wrong with him in the World of the
Living, and he was absolutely *delighted* to have his youth and vitality
back!  (And who can blame him?  It is a fabulous feeling!)

Somebody told the Wild Black footed Ferrets that there was a party mood
goin' on, and that's all they needed!  Six of them came rolling a cold
bottle of beer which foamed *everywhere* when the cap was finally gnawed
off.  Fortunately, one bottle is more than enough for the two dozen
ferrets we then had in attendance!

Boo-Boo and Frito and I spent some time together amidst all of the war
dancing and the hissing trying to get Boo-Boo oriented to this new life.
Frito promised that he would spend the next few days palling around with
his new friend in case any important information was missed during the
general mayhem of a visit form the Wilds (How do they find out about
there things?)

And guess who I saw in his little baseball cap, furtively licking from
the beer-foam puddle?  Yes, Muldoone.  If you want to get in touch with
him, or have him do a greeting for you, remember he can be reached at
[log in to unmask]  Do you have any idea how long it takes to
get dirt out of service wings?  At least it wasn't beer!

More Greetings Tomorrow,
Sandee