Date:
Thu, 8 May 2003 11:49:21 -0700
Marshall Ferret Food, I like ferretstore.com, they have free shipping,
and send you little coupons in the mail for, well, my last one was $5
off a $50 order.  I was at another site (can't remember the site, I get
to surfing, clicking links from pages, until I just remember where I
started), anyway their 35 lb bag was like $6 cheaper for MFF, but, they
didn't have free shipping.  I'm not sure how it compares to Petco,
because my Petco has half a row of ferret stuff (treats, leashes, and
ferret food), and the biggest bag they sell is 7lbs for $23, so 35lbs
for $71 seems a good deal to me.  Hehe, one good thing about ordering it
online, the very helpful FedEx guys carry the bag in and put it where you
want it, which is good because I'm 100% against carrying heavy things, I
will pull the "I'm a helpless girl" routine whenever I can.

I actually like the smell of MFF, or that is, I've grown so accustomed to
it, to me, it's the smell of my babies, therefore, it's automatically not
a bad smell.

Bedding, I like to use rag rugs and plush fleece blankets from Walmart.
Rag rugs are $2.50 a piece and Plush fleece blankets are $9-$15 a piece.
I'm kind of a nerd, so, each baby has a blanket suiting their
personality, Raggedy Anne, Baby Looney Tunes, and Winnie the Pooh, but
the plainer ones are cheaper, and almost always on sale.  My ferrets LOVE
their bed, I put two rag rugs, folded in half, down for the base, and
then blankets on top of that.  They also don't mind the rag rugs as
blankets, as that's what they have while their blankies are in the wash.
I'll tell you though, there's nothing more adorable than three little
weasels, all spooned in a row, with their baby blanket pulled up to their
shoulders.

Speaking of looking for inexpensive ferret stuff, does anyone know where
to get cheaper crock bowls??  I have to force myself to shell out $7 for
a small crock bowl at Petco, even ferretstore.com they're $5.  And that's
for the size that holds like, a small can of moist ferret food (which my
babies won't eat, btw, while they LOVE their cereal, which is just MFF
soaked in hot water), anyway, I go their water bowl at a dollar store,
for, well, a dollar, and it's huge, it's actually a dog dish, but they
don't sell little bowls, just saucers.  I wouldn't mind so much, if they
didn't break every time you drop one, even the short drop into the sink.