Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 13:39:28 -0700
Is anyone organizing a petition or peaceful demonstration for the next
city council meeting about ferrets being removed from the list of banned
animals?  I'm not a very outgoing person, so I don't have any connections
to organize anything myself, but I would be interested in doing something
to help.  I don't live in the city, so I don't have an alderman,(I'm
not very good with letters anyway), but I believe this issue may end up
effecting all of Illinois if Chicago passes this.  (just an opinion based
on past relations between the city and the state.)  I would be willing to
sign a petition or make up flyers on my computer or something like that.
I just don't want to sit back and assume someone else will sort this out.

I know the next city council meeting is at 10:00am Tuesday, July 29th and
I believe they will be voting on this then.  I'm considering going to the
meeting, but I don't want to be the only ferret person there, so if
you're going let me know.

The Chicago City Council meets in the Council Chambers, on the 2nd Floor
of City Hall.  Chicago City Hall is at 121 N. LaSalle Street.

GENERAL POLICIES
FOR ADMISSION TO CITY COUNCIL

NON-DISCRIMINATION
The Council does not discriminate in admission to public seating on the
basis of any person's political viewpoint.

POLICIES APPLICABLE TO NON-RESERVED SEATING

FIRST COME FIRST SERVED
The public is admitted to the City Council Chamber's non-reserved seating
on a first come, first served basis.  The line for admission to the City
Council chamber's non-reserved seating shall not be formed prior to one
hour before the scheduled commencement of the City Council meeting.

They also have reserved seating, but I thought those policies would take
up too much room and I'm not sure they apply, unless someone is planning
on reserving seats for the ferret community.
http://www.chicityclerk.com/citycouncil/rulesforadmission.html

=====
Lisa
Fuzzies Frank, Pikachu, Godiva and Timmy and the Beige Kitty

"We are led, when we share our loves, to an enchanted life of inner
happiness, which unsharing others cannot know."
Antonius Ferret, Fables
Richard Bach, Ferret Cronicles