From:
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 11:03:36 EST
As I was reading the FML this morning, I can across the post about the
Thanksgiving swap.  I saw the shelters listed and there was my shelter
listed to receive in the turkey day swap.  I had seen posts about it
before and thought what a great thing for the shelters.  I didn't even
thing that I would be one the of shelters nominated to be blessed to get
goodies for the fur kids.  I have to say, it made my cry, I have been
feeling very blue and overwhelmed by the number of sick ferrets that
are here and adoptions are very slow.  I was hitting on one of my great
depression stages and what I saw this morning has givien me a boost.
Knowing that you guys care and have not forgotten my little ones, even
though I havent been on the list very much.  Also the response to the
ferrets I have on the giving tree was amazing.  All the ferrets got
Santas and even some from our webpage will be receiving gifts.  We have
so many that will not get a home for the holidays and so me and da
ferrets will be spending it together.  I haven't done a real Christmas
since I started the shelter, i figure the money is better spent on the
ferrets, than on decorations and human presents.  I don't mind, i don't
really miss it.  I love giving the ferrets their presents that have been
sent form all you guys.

Thanks for making my day!
CJ
24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter