From:
Alinda Privitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jan 1995 10:14:43 -0600
My ferret, Oscar, has developed a taste for crickets.  Whenever
he finds one that has made its way into the house, he pounces on
it and immeadiately proceeds to eat it.  He really seems to enjoy
these "treats", but I am concerned.  Any thoughts on if this is
safe and I should praise his exterminating skills?  Be aware that
we live in the country and do not apply fertilizers or chemicals
to our surrounding yard and pastures.  Thanks for any input.

An aside...
This is the only thing that Oscar seems to enjoy eating besides
his regular food.  I have tried everything (raisins, ferretone,
applesauce, etc.) but live crickets are his only treat. Pretty
strange, huh?