From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 9 May 1994 13:11:00 -0400
>From: <anonymous>
>Date:   Wed, 4 May 1994 19:00:10 -0400
>Subject: CA law inforced? Vets recommendation

>How paranoid should I (or more correctly my daughter) be about
>the legal status of ferrets in California.  My daughter owns hers quite
>openly, taking him just about everywhere:  the mall shopping, coffee
>houses, for walks, et cetera.  No ones seems to care, though they
>certainly do notice.

I live in the Bay Area, and though I don't take Nero out in public
per se, I have taken him to work on a number of occasions. It's
definitely a risk, since my understanding is that confiscated ferrets
are euthanized unless you can provide an out-of-state address
to which you want your ferret shipped. I'm pretty paranoid about
taking him places in the car (what if I get pulled over?), and I was
pretty nervous the first time I took him to the vet, even though
I had a recommendation from another ferret owner.

>P.S.  Can anyone provide a list of vets in the Santa Clara/San Jose
> area

I don't have a list, but I do have a vet:

West Valley Pet Clinic
1360 S. Saratoga-Sunnyvale Rd.
San Jose, CA
(408) 996-1115
Dr. Kent S. Littlehale, D.V.M.

>From: Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
>Date:   Thu, 5 May 1994 15:58:00 -0400
>Subject: Futons....

>What do fuzzies do to a futon?

We have two futons, and Nero has shown little or no interest
in them, except to hide toys, food, and other little surprises
under them.

Marti