From:
"Stephanie Sheme - Ferrets Etc." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Apr 1995 19:59:57 -0400
I decided to share this with all of you out there, it broke my heart!!
For everyone in rescue they know how hard it is sometimes.  We had a ferret
brought to us Friday night who a little girl saved from a dog attacking it.
 Christy the VP of our club called Dr. Bock and he meet her back at the
clinic at around 9 p.m. The poor thing had over 50 puncture wounds that where
knew and old, so he was probably attacked twice. He had 3 broken ribs a
broken tail and broken teeth.  Internal damage was also extensive.  Well, Dr.
Bock cleaned him up, helped relieve the pain and took him home so he could
watch him 24 hours.  Well, "Si" lost the fight at 3:30 Saturday afternoon.
He was a young male, intact, albino whose last minutes were in loving hands.
But what a tragidy.... I can not tell people enough the dangers if their
ferrets get out.
I know this was sad, but I had to share it to help with my personal grief
some, he really touched us all in that short time and we loved him!!
 Stephanie