From:
Ferret Fanatic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jul 2003 16:20:37 -0400
Well the last 2 remaining boys went to the vet Wednesday for annuals
and a distemper vaccine.  They were premedicated by an assistant with
benedryl, and given the new Merial vaccine.  No reactions.  There is a
concern that Kaos may be adrenal or have some other hidden problem due to
his spleen being enlarged and knobby.  Thought he may have a problem with
his anal glands because they always look big to me (hi Bev<LOL>), they
were full but not impacted or infected so no problem there.  Both boys
have earmites, they were treated with Program, vet said that for some
reason Frontline isn't quite working the way it used to.  Taylors gums
were a little red on one side, vet thought gingivitis and he might need
to come in soon for a cleaning, but I remember the assistant scraping his
gums with the syringe of benedryl, his gums look fine today.  No clinical
signs of adrenal with either boy, blood glucose was good, cbc's done on
both.  Here are their weights:

General Kaos-4 yrs. non MF-3.498 lbs
Taylor-5.6yrs. MF-3.124 lbs.

This is their summer weights.  She said she really doesn't see good sized
MF ferrets and Taylor proved her wrong.  All attempts to try to get these
boys to be cagemates have failed, though after giving them a bath
together Tuesday and having a shampooed up ferret halfway in my bra
(Kaos), they were running around together in their room for an hour
before Kaos decided it was time to kill Taylor.  So, another bath ensued
to clean up all the poop off of them.  Been almost 4 yrs, I think they
will never be cagemates.

--
Vicki L. Henderson-aka-Ferret Fanatic
The Fearless FLO!