From:
Ferrethut <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 10:33:26 -0400
Hi all...

We are having a Ferret show on Sept 23, 2000 at the Caldwell County
Agriculture Fairgrounds in Lenoir, NC.  Lenoir is about 1 hr NW of
Charlotte, on Hwy 321.  This will be an AFA sanctioned Championship show,
and we will have Specialty rings to choose from, PLUS, Many Fun Matches
that include the famous Ferret Tube Race.  This year we will be getting
some nice tubes to give away to all the entrants in the tube race.  Also
I want to mention to everyone that is coming.  In all the Fun Matches, we
will be giving a 3 tier ribbon for the placements, AND the first 3 places
will have their Picture taken and Published in the Charlotte Observer, AND
some footage will be taken of the fun Matches of the Tube Race and BEST
DRESSED FERRET, and Cage Decorating Contest to be aired on 2 of the Local
charlotte TV Stations.  I want to Urge everyone that is planning to attend
to PLEASE enter your Ferret in the fun Matches.  They will be well worth
it, and PLUS, you will have a ball.  We are anticipating a very great turn
out here at the FERRET FAIR 2000.  Most of the Breeders will be showing off
their new Babies and you will have a chance to see them.  If you have Never
been to a Ferret show, you need to come see all the fun and excitement that
goes on, and Enter a ferret or 2 or 3 in the show, you just might be
surprised how well your ferret will do.

We added a new ring for the championship rings, it is the Senior Classic.
That gives all the Ferrets 4-6 yrs of age a chance to enter and be
rewarded with a ribbon and trophy as well.  The 4 rings are the
ALTER-ADOLESCENT-BREEDER-SENIOR CLASSIC.  Along with the Championship
rings we have 16 Specialty Rings to choose from.

We are giving everyone a chance to sponsor Championship/Specialty Rings,
and Fun Matches.  You can have a name of a beloved ferret that has gone
over the Rainbow Bridge on the ribbon and Trophy, such as: ex.  Sponsored
by: Gary Skinner "In Memory of Roscoe".  We always order a 11th place
ribbon and give it to the sponsor, along with a certificate of sponsorship.
Plus you get a full page add with the sponsorship.This is a good way to put
your sponsor ribbon and certificate somewhere where all your friends and
family can see and always remember that beloved ferret.  All Championship
Sponsors are given a Booth that they can set up.

You can obtain all this information at our web site at
http://www.ferrethut.com
We have all the sponsor forms, entry forms, and all the information about
the show, and motels in the area.  So Please, Show your Love for your
Ferrets, and enter him in the show, and or Sponsor a Specialty ring or Fun
match today, like I said you wont regret it, and you will see how much
happier you made your proud ferret with that show ribbon he earned.

If you have any questions you can email me here at [log in to unmask]
Thank you,
Gary Skinner

Western Carolina Ferret Shelter
Judy & Gary Skinner
3219 Oran Yount Ln
Granite Falls, NC  28630
Voice 828-396-8117
Fax 828-396-8563
Cell 828-499-1335
http://www.ferrethut.com

[Moderator's note: Please note that some people have reported problems, as
well as successes, with a previous show.  I suggest checking the archives
to help you make your decisions.  BIG]