From:
Kathleen Boaz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 1996 13:32:35 -0400
Hello All,

As to Ferrets and Remote Controls, well, I have one guy, Auryn the Terrible,
who LOVES the remote control because he is addicted to eating rubber
buttons.  He devoured at least 4 buttons (left the holes completely empty)
on my cable box remote which I had to return to the cable company (lucky
they didn't notice and they didn't charge me the $20).

Anyway, Please, Please, Please DO NOT let fuzzies play with remotes.  Auryn
spent 2 days vomiting, but with lots of catlax and constant watching, he
finally had normal poops.  If he had not had normal stools, I would have had
to take him to the vet for emergency blockage removal surgery.  Now, the
remote sits on top of the tv.  It does not have the nice, soft, spongy
rubber buttons, but if he even sees it, he will drag it somewhere and try to
remove the buttons.  Last time, he made it from the living room to the
bedroom and hid it under the bed.

Kathleen (Mr. T, Zoom, Courtney, Tiye, and Auryn Adorable)