Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2006 21:03:04 -0400
anybody interested in puncture resistant clear tunnels?  my kids love
them, and a carpenter friend mentioned dust collection tunnels at Lee
Valley (more or less a canadian toy store for wood workers, they have
lots of cool stuff).  anways, I went to their store a few months ago
and picked up a couple of polyurethane tunnels

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=1&p=51505&cat=1,42401&ap=1

it is item A, 03J65.54, and be sure to click on the "view" link under
the item number, to see what your ferret can/can't do to it.  here's a
partial description.

"The more durable polyurethane hose, developed for industrial
applications, has superior puncture, abrasion and chemical resistance,
and remains flexible to -65' (-54'C).  It also has a 30% heavier
wire skeleton."

the 10 feet tube costs $58.50 (all prices in cdn).  I've negotiated a
discount of 10% 52.65 if I can get together an order of 20 or more.
another place that sells something similar sells it at $84 for a 10
feet tube (they do sell wider hoses, though, so if you have ferrets
that don't fit 4" openings, I can give you the address).

I know they are fairly expensive, but they seem pretty indestructable.
the last new clear PVC tunnel I got for my kids was shredded in less than
2 months (used to last longer, closer to 6 months, with the help of duct
tape, but my current batch just likes scratching too much.  also, the
wire for the PU tunnel isn't exposed, so it doesn't get rusty.

I'd like to pick up some more tunnels, but obviously I can't afford 20!
so please email me if you are interested in this deal.  (I think 3 with a
Y joint makes a really good play system.  I tie them into different knots
and the kids get excited all over again).  I would need to know as soon
as possible, as this discount is only a limited time offer.

thanx.

Selina, Clef, Popcorn, Sorin & Mochi

you can also check out the parts for creating a crazy tunnel system.
the prcies listed here are the discount price for quantities of 4 or
more.

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=1&p=30044&cat=1,42401&ap=1

C.    4" Gate, ea.            03J61.01    $4.20
D.    4" Splice, ea.          03J61.05    $3.80
E.    4" Key Hose Clamp, ea.  04J04.40    $1.30
F.    4" Y Connector, ea.     03J61.02    $6.75
H.    4" Elbow, ea.           03J61.03    $5.95

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=1&p=53842&cat=1,42401&ap=1

4" (RH) Hose Clamp, each      03J66.04    $5.50

[A later P.S.]
update to this post.  a fellow ferret owner just informed me that the
regular PVC clear hose, item E on the same link I sent, may be good
enough.  as it turns out, the tunnels sell by the ferret store and such
are made of vinyl, the lower quality wood working ones are made of PVC,
and the $50+ ones are made of polyurethane.  I'm going to go to the
store and check out the PVC ones as soon as I can!