From:
Susan Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 2013 19:58:57 -0700
It seems the rescue world is being overwhelmed with surrenders and
sad stories. Some of the sad stories don't remain sad, though....the
neglected, the abandoned ferret finds safety and love in the arms of
the rescue and is brought back to health. For others, the rescue comes
a little late and, try as we might, the ferret gets it's wings and
flies across the Bridge. Every day is a emotional wave of joy and tears
for these guys as we strive to do our very best to help them. And I am
so proud to be a part of a community that cares so deeply for these
sweet little angels.

My own sanctuary has taken in the little ones who are no longer wanted
by their owners because they are too old, too sick...too much trouble
now. We bring them in and spoil them and love them until they leave
us. Our most recent surrender came only with a blanket and the name of
Coffee. I tried not to react when I saw her...scrawny and underweight,
naked and swollen from advance adrenal, nails that were so long, it
caused a deformity on one of her back toes, a sebaceous tumor on her
little head. We've embraced her and are nourishing her with good food,
vet care and love. We tell her she is special and loved and we want her
to stay. We hope she will, but the first couple of weeks are always
tricky and shelter shock is a big reality. Oh. And we changed her name
to Poppet because, well....if you saw her you would agree it fits her.

And of course, with all of this we face vet bills and medication costs
and supplies. We all are aware of the cost, I don't need to tell you.
To help our sanctuary and our wonderful little beings that are here
with us, we are hosting an online auction. We have twenty items from
some of the most generous and awesome people I know and I think you
will agree that they are beautiful, fun and unique! Please take a
moment to go look and see what we have to offer. Read about our Poster
Ferret, Ferrah, who, like Poppet, came to us in a dire situation (and
is now thriving). 100% of the money raised in this auction goes to our
vet fund and we can really use the help right now.

So click the link below and check out our cool items up for bid. Know
you are doing a wonderful thing and know that we here at Friskybiznus
Ferret Sanctuary are so very grateful for your support and help!
Thanks so very much and happy bidding from all of here at the Biz!
http://www.32auctions.com/organizations/6395/auctions/7528

Dooks ~n~ Dances,
Susan Baker, Owner/Operator
Friskybiznus Ferret Sanctuary