From:
Rebecca Clayton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Nov 1994 10:39:46 -0500
Hi!
This isn't a dire problem, but since people on the list have had such good
suggestions for me in the past, I thought I'd ask.

My ferret is caged when I'm not home (unfortunately, for 12-14 hrs some days;
this gainful employment thing has a definite down side!). She has been
using a pet rodent type drip water bottle hung on the outside of her cage.
Lately, she has knocked it down several times, and been left without water
until I got home.  (Never more than 8-10 hrs, but I think that's too long!)
I keep attatching it more firmly with more wire loops, but this just offers her
a challenge.  Does anybody have suggestions for a different way of providing
water?

Please don't flame me for ferret neglect; I can't leave her out and about
all day to drink from the cat water bowl, (preferably when the cats are
trying to do the same), because there are some things about my house that
are un-ferret-proofable, and if she had all day to think about them, she
could get into trouble. (She ALWAYS gets at least 2hrs supervised play with
me & the cats & the birds every day, and she's a great girl (who has learned
to--almost always--use a litter box; and to not bite--too hard). On weekends,
when she's out most of the day, she goes back in her cage to sleep & eat, so
I think she's OK with it.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Rebecca Clayton