Date:
Thu, 9 May 1996 16:17:08 -0400
I noticed a post yesterday asking how to block the area under a door.

If your fert is scratching up your carpet, I might suggest a large piece of
sturdy cardbord.  Cut the cardbord so it fits the entire width of the door.
leave about 1.5 to 2 feet on either side of the door.  This has really
helped me in the past.  It seems that my ferrets will scratch under the door
no matter what.  This is an alternative option to replacing carpet all the
time.

If you fert is squeezing underneth a closed door, you may try the same
remedy using a thick piece of wood instead of cardbord.

These are two situations I have been faced with in the past.  The remedies
worked great!  Just be careful with the materials you use.  Some varmits
love the taste of cardboard for some unknown reason.  You would also have to
be careful that you buy a wood that doesn't splinter.  Perhaps you could
find a plastic alternative?

Hope this helps
Britta