Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 09:08:22 -0700
First, I want to say good luck to all of you affected by the hurricanes
and I hope the damage is not as bad as predicted.

This on-going war between "anonymous" and Zen must stop, it is really
ridiculous and getting really old.  Why are people flamed and bashed for
stating their opinions?  I certainly hope that this war does not result
in any personal attacks either inside or outside the FML.  It is very
important to stick to ferret issues and not revert to name-calling or
harassment.  It is very hurtful and not necessary.  Okay, enough of my
lecture/rant.
[Moderator's note: It has stopped :-)  BIG]

I want to share a story with all of you, especially to those who have not
had any luck in getting animal control/humane society/authorities to do
anything about neglect/abuse.  Here goes...

A friend of mine told me about what she did to rescue a ferret.  Basically,
someone had a ferret that they intended to feed to their Boa Constrictor
(sp?).  This person is a nurse and she and her friend went over to this
person's house in their scrubs pretending to be animal control.  They
talked to the man who had the ferret locked in a cage right next to the
boa.  After convincing this man that ferrets can cause serious disease and
even death in snakes if ingested, he relinquished the ferret.  They even
told him that ferrets are illegal in that state but that since he was
naive, they would not "fine" him for it.  The facade was successful and I
just laughed and laughed when I heard this.  The ferret went to a very
loving home (instead of becoming food).

So folks, there is hope.  I am not advising or encouraging illegal
activity, but there are ways to save these animals if you get creative,
lol.

Take care all and kiss your babies!

Danielle