From:
Jennifer Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2006 09:18:48 -0400
Wolfy Asked...
- how many of you, had no close pets as children, but later in life
became animal and ferret people?
- how many of you, had a couple of standard pets such as dogs or cats
as children?
- how many of you had close contact with more unusual species of
animals as children?

My mother was too anal-retentive with her cleanliness and wouldn't allow
us to have any pets, even though she had rabbits and a dog growing up.
I won a goldfish at a fair in 3rd grade and had to beg her to let me keep
it.  Darn thing didn't survive the summer and I was still stuck doing
extra chores long after!

Once I moved out, I began surrounding myself with any kind of animal I
could.  My roommates had quite a Noah's Ark: 2 cats, 2 pythons and 2
guinea pigs.  Then an irresponsible friend "rescued" a very handsome
cinnamon ferret from the pet store and left him at our place.  I was the
only one who cared for the little bugger and I had never even seen a
ferret before.  Louie was my first real pet and now that I have my own
house, I have a husband, 3 ferrets, and 2 cats...for now.  I'd say that
I was definitely born an animal lover, but was forced to wait to act on
it.  Although, I was always the kid with the sick/found wild animal in
the garage, at least until my mom found out!