From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2006 13:13:45 -0400
Linda wrote to Sharon:
>It would have been extremely helpful if you would have posted what
>kill-shelter this ferret was in and how to contact them.  I e-mailed
>you, checked my e-mail every half an hour, and had a plan all ready to
>rescue this ferret, get it to a vet where it would have been checked
>over, ADV tested, and boarded until we got the results.  I had people
>from several ends of the state ready to do what they could to help this
>poor almost-PTS ferret.  And you never replied.  Not a thanks for the
>offer but it's been taken care of.  Not a peep from you.

We also heard nothing back, and like you we have connections (though you
would have more, Linda) and could have directly done something.

Also, since the description sounds very different from any NJ shelter I
can recall, it would help to know which shelter it was since the general
conditions may be able to be changed for the better, so if Sharon could,
please, let us all know which shelter was involved then education and
contacts within the ferret community can be tackled for that shelter.

-- Sukie (not a vet, and not speaking for any of the below in my
private posts)
Recommended health resources to help ferrets and the people who love
them:
Ferret Health List
FHL Archives
http://ferrethealth.org/archive/
AFIP Ferret Pathology
http://www.afip.org/ferrets/index.html
Miamiferrets
http://www.miamiferret.org/fhc/
International Ferret Congress Critical References
http://www.ferretcongress.org