From:
Michelle Alverson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Sep 2003 22:45:35 -0700
Hi to all.  I wanted to send an update and to clear a few points up on
what's going on.  It is currently 10:00 p.m. Sunday evening..  I just
talked to a very tired Marie.  She has reported that the conditions are
aweful and worse than first thought.  Jennifer has collected/hoarded near
100 ferrets.  Yes, that is 100 ferrets!!  They are in a/c as reported,
but they are in a smaller area than needed and all just sort of crawling
over each other.  They do all appear to be spayed/neutered and range in
age and health.

The deal that Jennifer has made with Marie is to not let anyone come in
but her.  Marie just can't take in 100 +- ferrets into her home at one
time.  So, Marie is taking the ferrets out of Jennifer's care in groups.

The so called inspection has been put off until we can remove all of the
ferrets.  As far as legal action goes and justice being sought, those
things should be done in do time.  However, the main effort I and Marie
are focusing on is getting these ferrets to safety.

None of these ferrets are up to date on vaccines nor have been ADV
tested.  No paper work is being provided..

This evening Pat from Dookie's House in Sebring (who can probably add a
few updates here) is at Marie's.  He is taking in two very ill ferrets
along with 8 others.  Marie currently has 8 more ferrets in her home
ready for pick up.  I believe Wes up in Pensacola can take these in if
someone can get the ferrets from Titusville to Pensacola (a good =BD
point.) If anyone can make this transport please contact myself or both
Marie and Wes to arrange meeting places, etc.

Sandi mentioned being able to take in some..- how many can you take?
She would need someone to pick up ferrets from Titusville (Marie) and
meet her as close to the Alabama border as possible.

We also have Laura from the shelter in Spring Hills offering to take in
5 if transport can be made to her.

On our end, we could handle 3 - 4 at this time.  We can also house
ferrets overnight if needed to act as a 1/2 point on any transport.  All
potential adopters need to keep in mind that Marie is not a shelter.  She
has no volunteers or helpers and is also going to school full time.  Thus
most of these ferrets will need baths, nail clippings etc. once received
by homes/shelters.  If anyone close to her can help her in this regard..
PLEASE call her!!

I also wanted to clear the air on one thing mentioned earlier today.
Marie IS from the former Brevard Ferret Lover's Rescue.  Jennifer is
NOT!!  Brevard was a great group of folks and did amazing work in the
time they were opened.  Jennifer has nothing to do with that rescue.
She opened her own "shelter" called Central Florida Ferret Shelter.
(NOT to be confused with the also former Central Florida Ferret Friends).
Anyways, it was mentioned that Jennifer was from the Brevard shelter and
that is NOT true...

In short, we need drivers and we need homes/shelters to take these
ferrets in.  In the long term, any help with legal action would be
greatly appreciated as I admit not having a clue where to go in those
regards.

Marie's phone number is working just fine.  Here it is in case it was
mis-typed at one point.  321-268-0255 please call her after 5:00 p.m.
during the week.  Our number is 407-869-6981 and I get home from work
after 7:00 p.m.  Just let me know how late I can all and I will return
the call.

I will continue to update and arrange meetings etc. as much as is
needed.

Until tomorrow evening..

Michelle Alverson, President
Ferrets-N-Limbo, Inc.