Date:
Tue, 8 Apr 2003 22:06:37 -0400
Hello FML,

Just this last weekend I rescued a beautiful little girl from a family
who was neglecting her.  This poor thing is only approx.  one year old
(still determining that out) and has always been fed fish flavored
"Tender Vittles" cat food (arghhh!) Her nails have never been cut and one
of her claws was missing on her right paw.  Her ears have never been
cleaned.  BUT the most disgusting thing is that this thing barely weight
one pound.  I'm surprised she is still alive.  You can see every bone in
her little body.  The previous owner said that the other ferret in her
home was not letting her eat the food, he kept pushing her away.  Well, I
won't go into that right now!  I immediately gave her fresh water and a
bowl of Totally Ferret...she inhaled it so fast and asked for more, poor
thing!  She is going in to the vets first thing in the morning for a
complete examination!  She has absolutely no muscle, they have atrophied.
She loves to give kisses and is a cuddler.  I wrapped her up in a cuddly
blanket and she laid on my chest and slept for one hour Saturday while I
watched television, how precious!

If anyone has a name suggestion (other than the obvious ones like Hope,
Faith, etc.)  I would really appreciate it.  She has a great deal of
spirit!  I'm trying to figure out her color, I think she is a silver
mitt, but not sure as her markings are somewhat darker in places.
(Does anyone have the link to ferret colors I can reference?)

I'll report more later on this little one...keep her in your prayers...
she sure has done better since I brought her home this weekend but she's
not out of the blue.

Tracy J.
Chico, Roo(RooBear) and Leah (missing Pepe', Spunky and Tango so much)!