Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2011 16:30:03 -0500
[Moderator's note: I suggest reading the above two posts as well! BIG]

The University of Washington has been using ferrets in their practice
of teaching pediatric residency training and in these days, that is no
longer needed as there are high-fidelity simulators such as Laerdal's
SimNewB and Gaumard's Premie HAL which accurately replicate the airway
of a premature newborn and allow for data collection. The University
of Washington has a state of the art simulation center already that
can provide nonanimal training methods. This painful procedure done
to ferrets is repeated numerous times on each animal and can cause
tracheal bruising and bleeding. We have a chance of ending this
practice by emailing the University and it is so very simple and only
takes 2 seconds or so out of your life. You can get to the link by
going here and click on the automatic link if you will, which fills
everything out for you if you are already a member, if you prefer, you
can just email or snail mail the University (without the form) as it
gives you the contacts.
http://www.pcrm.org/email/uw_alert.html

Eleanor, Donald and the 11 ferrets
(missing Cinni and Patcha)