From:
Ferrets* <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Sep 2003 19:50:22 +0100
This is what the lady is referring to.
http://www.webspawner.com/users/ferretwelfare/index.html
"Me thinks the lady duth protest to much"

Would the Hagestown rescue and more recently a small rescue in the UK,
would they have had so many problems, or would so many animals have been
abused if some form of legislation had been in place to cope with it, it
seems to me that neither of these rescues felt they could ask for help
until the authority's got involved.

Now if the UK had a national rescue to which all the small rescues could
be affiliate so that each and every affiliated rescue was given a
surprise inspection once or twice a year, then would we not have less
animals being abused, or would we still have cases like Hagestown and the
last one in the UK.

Before you say it, yes some one is always going to start up small rescue,
but if there was legislation in place that said that anyone taking in say
3 animals a year had to be registered by the locale authorities and once
the total number of rescued animals on the premises reached 6 in say any
three years, then they would have to be registered, would we have more or
less abusive rescues?

I think it is worth fighting for to see each and every small rescue in
the UK registered or at least affiliated to a larger registered rescue,
it costs the rescue nothing to register as a charity in the UK, you can
even be better off by having your rates cut down to almost nothing so
that more money can be spent on the animals, but you are then governed by
rules.  Can anyone tell what they personally have against registering as
a charity?

We are still taking bookings to give talks about our hobby and put on
displays of rescued animals at any event, we would welcome more events
to do with the Gay community.

All money contributions collected are donated to Artis Pet Sanctuary.
[log in to unmask] Registered Charity Number 1069533.
http://www.webspawner.com/users/ferretwelfare/index.html
http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/head-gardener
http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/house-ferrets
http://www.geocities.com/houseferrets13uk/index.html
http://groups.msn.com/UKHouseFerretsSmallPetsAssociation
http://www.headway.org.uk/
Some great people who have supported me through my illness.

PS
Thanks to all the people who contacted me about showing in their area,
it should make some interesting reading.