From:
Natasha Mohr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 20:06:22 -0500
I read with interest about the 6 month old ferret who is too quiet -- well,
we have another problem... or maybe it's not.  I'm not sure *what* this is
about, actually.  Our newest ferret, B'Elanna, is now about 6 months old,
and she has hissed *constantly* from the first day we got her.  She never
dooks, but she hisses like crazy while playing, investigating, etc.  I
don't think she knows what it means -- we've discovered that she seems to
use it as her one all-purpose vocalization.  The other ferrets in the house
are really confused by it.

She seems to be a very happy, very people-oriented baby.  We have managed
to integrate her with all the other girls, but our one boy just wants to
kill her... But that's a separate problem, probably compounded though by
this... I just don't get the hissing.

-Natasha