Date:
Sun, 17 Feb 2008 22:47:01 -0500
Recently the introduction of a council representing the major national
ferret organizations was made on the FML. For those of you who did not
see this, it is composed of representatives of the American Ferret
Association (AFA), Ferrets Across America (FAA), Ferret Emergency
Rescue, Response & Evacuation Team (F.E.R.R.E.T.), International
Ferret Congress (IFC) and Support Our Shelters (SOS). This group is
focusing on providing a support to large scale rescues and seizures.

The foundation of all our efforts in the ferret community is the ferret
shelter and/or sanctuary. Therefore, we are pleased to announce the
addition of a shelter representative to the group. Barb Clay is
well-known in the ferret community and has extensive experience with
ferret rescues. Barb will be inviting shelter/sanctuary operators to
participate in a forum. This forum will allow each participant to
provide input that will be shared with the council through Barb so that
the organizations and the ferret community can best help in the event
of large rescues/seizures. Please contact Barb at [log in to unmask] if
you would like to participate.

Thank you. We look forward to your input.

--
Renee Downs
It's amazing how much can be accomplished if nobody cares who gets the