From:
Benny Pyron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 May 2003 08:53:07 -0400
Today as I write this, it is through tears of joy instead of sorrow.
My little, most incredible, sweetest of all, most regal, and quite a
toughie, "PRINCESS " turns 8 today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  For a while I wasn't
sure if she'd make it to her birth-day, but she is indeed a tough lady.!

For the last year, Princess has been battling her second bout of Adrenal
and then as expected, her insulinoma kicked in as well.  During her
first surgery for Adrenal, her most wonderful doctor , Dr Samuel Rivera
of Bells Ferry Veterinary Hospital, took of many small tumors on her
pancreas as well .  He said it would be a matter of time until her
insulinoma kicked in.  I was greatful to be forwarned and Tori had taught
us all about the helpful hints in treating a fuzzbutt with insulinoma.
(Tori lost her battle last year) Yesterday I took my Princey-pie in for a
blood glucose level and she was doing very well!!  So well in fact that
her Dr. wants us to back down .01 to see if we can reduce some of that,
not so flattering to a ferret of regal-ness, steroid swell.  Esp. when
there's not much fur there either!!

But that has been only the last year.  She will forever be my beautiful
Princess.  We brought her to her forever home when she was bitty kit of
7 weeks old.  Her little eyes sparkled like diamonds!!!  And so, so
curious(as she is even now, still gettin into stuff!) In no time at all
Princess had figured out that if she climbed to the top of the kitty
climby-thing(not too high) she could sit on the platform at watch those
odd things that floated in the air and squeaked.  I quess she figured
that she could squeek, then she could float to like them.  She gave it a
few tries but decided that that mouse on the end of the string was more
fun.  She sat on the platform, pulled the string up with her teeth.  She
then took the string she had pulled up and held that with her paw, while
she grabbed the string again with her teeth until she got that ol' mouse
up to the platform with her!!!!  That ol' mouse didn't stand a chance
after that.  Princess claimed that kiity-climber as hers.  And that
mouse, well she made sure that mouse knew that it was the most wonderful
plaything of all!!!!

For 8 glorious years, Princess has given us SO incredibly much joy and
happiness.  She taught me how to take care of a fert and most esp. how
to love a fert!!

My very much precious Princess, thank-you for giving my life so much joy.
Thank you for always being there when I NEED YOU!!

HAPPIEST of Birthdays, my sweetheart!!  You are the princess ferret, my
little lady.  You are my Princess, for all of the years past, present,
and forever at The Bridge!!

Thank you to all of you who have given me much needed support though
Princess' rough times.  For now though, it's Party Time!!

HAPPY 8TH  BIRTHDAY PRINCESS!!!!!!

Love,
Mommy, Daddy, Jennifer and Jeremy(who you helped watch grow up from human
kits, to human adults!)
"Your house-mates"
Nikki, Annie, Oscar, Sammy, Chance, & Storm
Celebrating for you at The Bridge!,(And not at all ready for you yet!)
Smokey, Bandit, Boots, Tori,& Teeny Tiny Lucky