From:
Dixie Lee Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 16 Jun 1992 19:44:44 -0400
Someone (I forget who) said he was allergic to cats and asked if ferrets
would affect him the same way.  Although each person's allergy is different
(I met one person who said she was allergic to ferrets but not to cats)
ferrets are generally an excellent choice for those who allergic to cats.
My sister is *very* allergic to cat dander (that and cedar pollen put her
in the hospital 3 times in 48 hours) but she's had ferrets for two years
with no problems.  Until she got married, they crawled all over her clothes,m
bed, and everything else.  (Her husband likes ferrets, and everything else,
in their places.)

See if you can "borrow" a ferret for a week, or visit someone's house who
owns ferrets.  That would be a good way of seeing if you react.  If that's
not possible, go ahead and get the ferret.  Chances are great that your
allergies won't be aggrevated by ferret dander.  (Although I don't
guarantee that ferrets won't aggrevate you at all.)