From:
Ronnie DiComo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Sep 1998 11:29:24 -0400
This message is from Chere McCoy...

Dear Friends:
Our Shelter: Ferret Friends of Indian River County (FFIRC) has come upon
financially hard times.  We have 20 ferrets in the shelter (capacity is 12)
and 5 in a foster home.  Our outstanding veterinary bill is over $800.00.
We have 4 ferrets coming up for their physical's, 2 in need of surgery.
All ferrets here are spayed/neutered and we are a NO-KILL shelter.  As a
NO-Kill shelter we are also caring for 3 blind, 1 blind and dear, 4 living
with cancer, 1 behaviorally challenged, 1 terminally ill with heartworm and
2 over the age of 10.  As a side note the Shelter Mom & Dad have 1 personal
ferret and she is not included in the above numbers.  We are also in
desperate need of money for Food (i.e., Totally Ferret and Wysong Feline
Nuture), Timmy's Tonic, and Colloidal Silver (500PPM).

On October 8, 9, 10, Chere McCoy (Shelter Operator/Shelter Mom) and Rag-A-
Muffin Man (Official Shelter Dog, A.K.A. Crystal Digging Dog) will be
competing in the 12th Annual World's Championship Quarts Crystal Dig In Mt.
Ida, Arkansas.  Chere has dug for Quarts Crystals in this area 4 times.
Chere and Rag-A-Muffin have been in the official competition once.  This
time Chere and Rag-A-Mufin will be digging for Quartz Crystals to help pay
the Veterinary and Shelter Bills for the FFIRC Shelter.  Chere and
Rag-A-Muffin registered in December of last year; they were assigned
Crystal Digging Team #1 (we think this is a good omen).

So if your would like to help the ferrets in the FFIRC shelter and also
receive a lovely Quartz Crystal Dug by Chere and Rag-A-Muffin we ask for a
small donation of $10.00.  For your $10.00 you will receive a lovely Quartz
Crystal and at the same time help the Ferrets in the FFIRC Shelter.

So that you know EXACTLY where your money is going you have two choices (if
you wish to help).

1.  Make check or money order to: Westside Animal Hospital (these monies
will go directly to the Veterinary Care of the Ferrets in the FFIRC
Shelter).

2.  Make check or money order to: Ferret Friends of Indian River County
(these monies will go toward food, litter, Timmy's Tonic & Colloidal Silver).

Whether you choose to make your check out to Westside Animal Hospital or
Ferret Friends of Indian River County, please send (don't forget to add
your Snail mail address so we can send you your Quarts Crystal) to:

Ferret Friends of Indian River County
8775 20th Street, Lot 614
Vero Beach, Florida   32966

Thank you for helping our Ferret Shelter
Chere McCoy, Shelter Operator, Ferret Friends of Indian River County Ferret
Shelter

Don't forget to visit the Ferret Friends Disaster Response International
Web Site
YOU CAN Save a Child of Fur, Feathers, Scales, Shells or Hooves Today - be
prepared before disaster strikes!
http://www.worldaccessnet.com/~ferretma/ffdri1.html