Date:
Tue, 29 Nov 1994 19:15:58 -0800
    Since this is my first time posting on the FNL let me intoduce myself.
I'm Jimmy and my fuzzie is named Nikki.  I bought Nikki from a pet store
in Texas (I live in CA) just over a year ago and she's just been, well,
she's been a ferret.  She gets into everything she can find, she's trained
me and my family in every aspect of living (where to put her litter box, tells
 us when she's
hungry or thirsty, and reminding us to pick up our shoes lest they become
ferret toys.)

    In regards to Christmas trees, well she loved ours last year.  We
were worried that she would knock off all the ornaments, drink the water,
etc.  Well we set up the tree and she sniffed all around and played with
the decorations within reach, but she didn't even attempt to climb it
until we mentioned to each other that we were glad she showed no interest
in climbing.  Well that did it, as you all know you should NEVER
challenge your fuzzies in this way.  The minute we commented on her lack
of climbing it she proceeded to climb about 3/4 of the way to the top
just to prove that she was able.  After that she was content with the new
toys that she could reach from the ground level and we didn't challenge
her to climb again.  I can't wait to see what she does this year as her
climbing skills have progressed steadily during the last year.  I thought
the books said that ferrets don't climb well.  I guess Nikki didn't read
that chapter.
                             Jim & Nikki the ferret