Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 18:34:53 EST
I awoke last night in terrible pain unable to move to the left, right, and
unable to sit up.  I lay in bed for a long time, with intermittent attempts
to rise .  I could not reach the phone.  I could not unlock my doors.

Finally, I made it up.  My body was drenched in sweat from searing pain in
my back .  I unlocked the door,.Unable to stand up straight, I somehow got
some clothes on while doubled over so that the ambulance would not take me
away in my pajamas.

I realized I might not be home for days, and crawled into the kitchen.
Somehow I reached the cabinet and swallowed some ancient pain pills.  I
heated up Bob C.  chicken soup and fed the guys who were delighted at my
surprise appearance at 2 A.M.  I did slow stretches on the floor while
they ate and the pills took effect and I fell asleep for an hour...

                              When I awoke,

I cleaned the litter boxes, washed my face, and threw out the old litter.
I did not want some cute paramedic to think I was messy.  Then I decided
that I did not need an ambulance.  But someone was going to have to come
over to pick up the keys for the office since I was unable to even stand
up straight .

So i picked up the ferret toys.  The flfoor needed vacuming so I did that
doubled over.  The pain was so bad, I ended up in the bathroom vomiting and
passed out.  I lay on the floor next to the toilet..  Baby was by my side
and whimpering.  She licked my face and lay on the cold floor under my
chin.

Two more ferrets hopped on me to reach the corner.  They backed up to poop
on my just washed floor staring intently into space.  Then they dragged
their wet bottoms across the floor and lay down on the hard cold surface by
my stomach whimpering.  They had never done this before: The whimpering,
cuddling ,and lying on the cold floor part.

My friends and family have good husbands.  Yet when the women need major
surgery, not a one of those men will postpone a camping trip with buddies
or forego travel to a hockey game or schedule time off of work to be with
their wives.

The women sometimes have me to pick them up from the hospital .  I stay the
day.  But then, I have to go home.  And then they are all alone with no one
to help them.  They have children to care for.  Yet they cannot even stand
up from the couch.  Their husbands do not care for them AT ALL when they
are sick or injured or recovering from surgery!!!!!!!!.

And here are goofy animals with brains the size of grapes that knew I was
in pain and did not want to leave my side.  They whimpered and kissed me
and curled up on an ice cold floor to be with me.  When I got up, they
followed me like puppies.  Their concern choked me up.

I saw the chiropractor today.  He spent two hours treating me. The pain is
bearable.  I recieved a wild welcoming home with much leaping and war cries
and squiggling and licks.  3 pound little bozos with brains the size of
grapes are here to welcome me as I come home drained and haggard and pale.
They all piled in bed with me and we snuggled to sleep with ferrets
everywhere in my dreams.

The moral of this story?

Ladies:  IT IS NOT  SIZE THAT MATTERS

Lisette..