From:
Deba Brezden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Aug 1998 01:03:11 -0600
Hi Ya Ferfolks and Fuzzles All ;o)

Dooky kisses from Ferris to all, especially to those battling illness!

We'd just like to comment here . . .

>From:    Glenn Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: drenched
>Isn't that something! I have never been so close to an "unscribe",
>because I am really becoming weary of being drenched with
>holier-than-thou crap every morning.

Well gee, we think that's a pretty good idea, in as far as, IF ya aren't
enjoying the FML we sure wouldn't want to FORCE it upon anyone,Thing is,
that just as with matters of "religion" and such, truth is ya can't "BASH"
folks into believing as you do!  AND we are of the mind that a diversity of
opinion is vital and beneficial, and are truly grateful for "what" some of
those very same "holier than thou" folks have to share concerning the
wellbeing of ferts!

AND AS WELL . . .  OH LORD, NOT AGAIN!

>From:    Edward Lipinski <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Lipinski's Itty Bits (III)
>
>[Moderator's note: Much of this seems to have appeared in issue 2387,
>but looks like enough has changed that it's a different post. A third
>post with just a few things changed won't be accepted.  BIG]

Firstly, Yup, I definetly "recognize" this OLD post!  AND I'm really glad
to hear that I won't have to encounter this, what I think is terrible
advice, ever again, THANK YOU for that BIG.

>Step 3.  Harness your ferret very tightly with a leashless harness,
>preferably a figure 8 leather harness.Leave it on the ferret for four
>or five hours.Upon removing the harness, locate the fur that has been
>matted down by the harness straps and position the ferret high on your
>chest, his claws clutching your clothing and his nose just touching
>your chin. Start massaging the ferret...

Secondly, I said it the first time this appeared, and I'll say it again
now too!!!  THIS IS ABUSESIVE TREATMENT PERIOD!!!  In my experience, and
in MOHO, the ONLY BOND this is likely to induce is a TERROR BOND!!  Most
sincerely, I urge ALL fertfolk to DISREGARD this awful advice!  You'll be
much more likely to succeed in stopping "biting" behavior through KIND and
PATIENT TENDER LOVING CARE!!!!

As well, though we DO TRULY REALIZE, that not all folks have this as an
option, we really do believe that if you can avoid "caging" a biter at
all, ever, you'll soon find yourself with a much "friendlier" ferret. In
all these years (24 now) and with all fuzzies involved 20+ we've NEVER
used cage confinement, except for the VERY brief periods when the floor
is being washed with cleaner, for safety, and when being transported in
the car to the vet, they always have run of their own room at all times,
plus run of the house most of the time, and we've NEVER had ANY biting
problems, ever. Note this info is merely shared today as an informative
suggestion, and in no way is it meant to in ANY WAY put any sort of a
"burden", "judgement" or "condemnation" upon ANYONE who's in a position
or circumstance where they DO use cage confinement!! We do both accept
and applaud, the fact that others will do differently than we do here,
and believe they have every right to, with an obvious exception being
that, NO ONE has a right to ABUSE or MISTREAT a Ferret EVER!!

Ferris "Lemme OUT, dig dig dig, hurry mom, dig dig dig, hissss dig dig"

and his mom
Deba Brezden