From:
Dani Lucking <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Nov 1996 21:40:44 -0600
Mine do the same thing about diving under the bed.  It is all a game, at
least with mine.  Even if not, you are the one with the opposable thumb,
here.  You are the human, the giver of food, the taker of nasty litter box
stuff.  You are the boss.  If you want to pick them up, and it doesn't seem
to *really* bother them, then do it.  They have to learn that you are the
boss and you do what you want.  Harvey and Chester never struggled to be put
down past the age of 12-13 weeks.  We did whatever.  Just hold them and let
them hang there, cuddle, make shapes in front of a light bulb for shadow
puppets, you know, stuff.  Chester was the king of the "Just let me know
when you're done with me.  Any-time now.  Anytime.  Let me know." sigh.  It
was soooo cute.  I sure miss that little litter digger.  Anyway, I think you
get my point.  Wait, what was my point.  I'm sure I had a point here
somewhere.  Oh, yeah, you're the boss.

Honestly, I think this method makes the most laid back ferrets.  Harvey
didn't bite or even scratch when a two year old picked her up and didn't
want to put her down and squeezed her.  She wasn't hurt, but I could tell
there were other places she'd have rather been.  She was only 11 weeks old
at the time.  What a sweetie.

Sorry this is so long,
Later,