From:
"Heyn, Ela" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 09:55:13 -0400
Since our recent raffle basket effort was so successful, SOS is looking to
do another raffle in the fall, this time of items donated by FML members
(preferably ferret-related items .. but hey, we're flexible! :->)   Lenna
([log in to unmask]) has been VERY helpful in making some inquiries
about this, and I just wanted to post a few more details for anyone
interested in donating.

This is the chance to show off your skills and artistry for all of the FML
to see! :->  Whether you are a photographer, a quiltmaker, a painter, a
woodworker, a soapmaker ... your homemade (or store bought) item can earn
you a tax deduction (receipts will be issued for any donor who requests
one), and help homeless ferrets in shelters.  Items of a size easy enough
to ship (like under the size of a microwave ..  but hey, we're flexible
on this point, too!) would probably be best.  We'll either raffle them
off individually, or make baskets out of smaller items and raffle those
together .. or maybe I can find a way to scan pictures of items and do an
Ebay "charitable auction".  (I know Ebay does those ..  I just haven't
figure out how they work yet, and I don't have a scanner!)

You have a while to work on your projects and send them, too ..  this
raffle won't be until the fall ... maybe October-ish?  (SOS usually likes
to give donations to the shelters right around the holidays, so this will
help us to raise money for that. :->  You'll be helping homeless ferrets
to have a happy holiday ... )

For more information, you can email me at this address or [log in to unmask]
If you want to send in items for the raffle, please send them to:

S.O.S. c/o Ela Heyn
304 Hillside Ave, B11
Nutley, NJ  07110

Please include your email address so I can let you know it arrived and
thank you, and let me know if you need a tax receipt, please, too!

And again ..  BIG THANKS to Lenna.  Her efforts are really making things
a lot easier, and we appreciate it!!!! :->

- Ela