From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Mar 1998 08:03:36 -0500
>From:    Rosemary de Trafford <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: question about toys
>I have a question, Do ferrets like to play with squeaky toys or is this
>away to get them to come out of hiding?  If its used to get them out of
>hiding does the toy need to make a certain type of noise?

Since most squeaky toys are of a rubbery like material, it would not be a
good idea to allow your ferrets to play with them.  The toy doesn't need to
make a specific type of noise.  Any dog squeaky toy should do the trick.
Hopefully, they have a treat which they would kill to get.  Squeak the toy,
give 'em a treat.  Do that a few times and pretty soon you'll have ferrets
that will come a runnin' when they hear that squeak.  It's really handy to
have them trained to that.  Whenever I can't find mine, I squeak and they
appear.

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael F. Janke, [log in to unmask]
* Secretary, South Florida Ferret Club & Rescue
*
* Visit our web site:  http://www.gate.net/~mjanke