From:
Mary Conley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 22:45:38 EDT
>Mary, while you are at it, please, also don't forget to point out the
>hazards associated with a number of herbals.  Got to balance the uses
>with what medical problems counter-indicate use, when poisoning may
>occur, side effects possible, which other medications of any types may
>be interfered with, etc.  Any thing strong enough to help is usually
>strong enough to harm, so those particulars are essential for preventing
>accidental losses of life of ferrets...

Hi all ~

Sukie is right...unless you have a natural health practitioner on your
team who knows herbs very well, and their interactions with regular
medications, please do not give your fuzzy a load of herbs.  I take care
to caution only the use of a drop or two per water bottle of herbs.  I
guess I'm wrong, but I am assuming you all are informing your vets, or
natural health practitioners of the use of herbals.

Flower essences are different.  Unless they are needed they are very
benign, and are excreted harmlessly from the system.  Their compilation
is a bit difficult to explain, but when the remedy is made nothing of the
original plant remains...just a memory or "resonance" of the flower.

Homeopathics, again you would need to go to a vet who is conversant with
homeopathy.  An over-the-counter homeopathic medication can be very
potent, so please do not pop pills to your fuzzies with homeopathics.

Warmly ~
Mary
Herbalist
The Conley Farm - organic herbs