From:
Michelle Z Matta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Dec 1996 14:13:01 -0500
SNOW
~~~~
When we got our first 2 girls, we took them out in the snow.  I put both of
them down and one LOVED it, while the other one did a bee-line for the
house.  To this day they act the same.  So I don't know that its so much
their ages when introduced because they were the same age and still kits.  I
just think its personal preference.

HAMMOCKS
~~~~~~~~
We have 6 ferrets who all sleep together, so hammocks were a problem for us
because they were so small.  So I bought a few pillowcases and use them as
the hammocks.  Just cut 4 openings in the corners and attach the hammock to
the cage using twist ties, or something else to hold the hammock in place
like shower curtain rings.  Works like a charm and they're so cheap that I
can switch them often to wash them.  For the warmth, I just throw in some
old blankets from a thrift store for them.  They burrow in them if they're
cold, but generally with 6 of them piled up together, cold isn't an issue.

- Mish

Carnegie Mellon University......Athletic Dept
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/mish/home.html
(Departmental)....http://www.cmu.edu/athletic