From:
Jim Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 09:08:04 -0500
Dolly is our latest rescue and still has to be caged seperate as one of
the others still attacks her.

They are getting better but on with the story.  I was cleaning and filling
her food bowl when a small ferret toy got in the way of setting the food
bowl down, so I picked it up and laid it on top of the cage.  Of course I
forgot to put it back.  I noticed she hadn't crawled in her hammy or sleep
sack and went to bed but who knows what a ferret is thinking.  Later Sandy
told me to give Dolly her toy back, so she could go to bed.  There the
poor little thing was, sitting in the top corner looking at the toy.  Sure
enough, when I put it back in her cage, she sniffed it over and went to
sleep.  I guess she counts noses before going to bed.  So much for trading
toys around, It doesn't look like it will work with Dolly.