From:
punchbug <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Aug 2001 05:13:10 -0700
>From:    Faith Pollifrone <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Christmas and ferret questions

>she wants me to try a real Christmas tree this year and then it dawned
>on me that I have ferrets...

HAHAHA!  That happened to me, too!  ACK!  I have ferrets!!  How do I have
a tree?!

I didn't have any problem (surprisingly) with ornaments disappearing
(although Easter eggs are a totally different story).  The problem is
keeping them from drinking the water.

>... how do you keep a cat from climbing the tree and knocking it down
>repeatedly

You don't! :-P

My NINE cats are the problem with the Christmas tree.  THey like to knock
the ornaments off and climb the tree.  We replaced all the glass/breakable
ornaments with ones that don't break as easily, absolutely NO tinsel, AND,
we use fishing line to attach the tree to the wall!  We've even considered
HANGING the tree from the ceiling.... A hanged Christmas tree.... I don't
know... HANGING the Christmas tree seems kind of "cruel" or "sick".  Well,
I guess it would be okay as long as it was hanged with fishing line and
not a noose!

Well, good luck and Merry Christmas (in August!)

Renee