From:
Michael Burkard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 1995 15:30:50 PST
Caroline Worrall wrote in issue #1095:

>Another thing I've noticed is when she's drinking from the water bowl,
>she paws the water a couple times before drinking.  Maybe it's an
>instinct to drink moving water?

Our two fuzzies, Squirt and Pippi, have a water bowl outside their
cage for when they're on the loose.  Squirt usually likes to grab it
with a front paw and drag it around a bit before drinking from it :)
We have yet to figure out why, but it's pretty funny when he ends up
slopping water all over the place (including all over himself) as a
result!

We've also noticed that our guys like to shake their heads after
lapping down some water -- maybe to shake off any drops left on their
little chinny chin chins?

Both Squirt and Pippi would love to play in water -- if they could
just figure out how to do it without getting *wet*!

-- Mike and Kim Burkard
   Squirt - "Gee, Dad, I only spilled a little!"
   Pippi  - "Are you going to take a shower so I can lick you?"

Michael C. Burkard        |              _     Dancing Dookers
Xerox, Rochester, NY USA  |       _____C .._.  Delightfully Digging!
[log in to unmask]     |  ____/     \___/   Feisty Fuzzies in a
Everything is my opinion. | <____/\_---\_\     Frenzied Frollick!