From:
Inez Gowsell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 1993 10:22:38 -0400
I am posting to the list instead of to Chris directly, because I didn't
get through to Chris the last time I tried e-mailing him  (out of
the country perhaps.  not important).

Anyway, I have an e-mail address for Ottawa for someone who is in
charge of a shelter of sorts.  If Chris would like to make contact with
these people (or is anyone else would), e-mail me and I will forward
the address.  I am not sure how much she would appreciate this, for I
sent her e-mail mentioning the FML and she didn't reply.  I also told
her about Nancy Hartman, because I knew Nancy had a list of shelters.

Although my e-mail address is in Ottawa, I am not.  Otherwise, I would
pursue this myself on behalf of all that are interested.

One more week and my ferret-sitting will be finished!  :'{  sniff, sniff.
Even though the little critter tends to still bite too hard, I think she
has gotten gentler.  Just needed some more play time or something, I guess.

Interesting facts on depth perception:  I have told my friends but didn't
post to the list (I think.)  I am house-sitting at a place that has a
basement and an upper level.  the stairs leading to the upper level are
uncarpeted, so Gila can't get up them (too slippery), but the stairs
leading down are carpeted.  However, the bottom two are a lighter colored
tile.  Gila goes to the third last step and stays there.  She knows
there is something below, but feels she will fall or something.  It
reminded me of my first year psychology course where they talked about
painting different levels on the underside of a glass table, and how
babies and animals wouldn't go over the "edge".  Kept Gila confined to
one level at least - less places to look for her.  ;-)

Time to call the vet college and put in a request for a ferret.  They had
some a few years ago, but I don't know if they still do.  I want another
one though, and I can't make it to Ottawa for a while.

Inez - who shall once again be ferret-less.  :'|

--
"I am likely to be a little bit wiser than he in this very thing:  that
whatever I do not know, I do not even suppose I know."   Socrates

Inez Gowsell    Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada