From:
Kelleen Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 1996 05:45:22 -0800
I LOVED the show and hope it continues for a long time.  I myself did not
get the same impression from it that Dick did.  She was very strong in her
belief not to keep wild animals and so ask yourself "Why would she?".  The
"Wild" animals she kept around her home seemed to be there merely after
having been rescued or perhaps being treated for illnesses.  That way she
could spend time with her family and still care for them.  I'm trying to
remember what all animals she kept in the house as actual pets.  There were
the two ferrets that were obviously pets.  Then the snake and the monkey who
I don't know why they were there.  Since the chimp was a baby and always
being bottle fed I assume that was why she was there and once she grew up
she would go to the zoo.  As for the snake, who knows since no one ever
handled him accept to get him away from the new housekeeper.  Of course
snakes are pretty common as pets now too.

Rather than tear down a wonderful show that has the best scene I have ever
seen on film showing how smart and fun they are let's concentrate on how to
make it even better.  How do we get an address for the makers of this show
and ask them to add in episodes how ferrets are NOT wild animals etc.....
How often does one get a nationwide chance to educate people the right way
about ferrets?  Anyone out there in California (best guess I have to where
it is made) have any way to find out who does this show?  If you do then
please do it and we can start a letter writing campaign from across the
states.  Thanks.

     Kelleen & The INSANE Animal House